- Individual Counseling (50 min) – $120
- Parent Consultation (50 min)- $120
- Out-of-network – (You will be provided a receipt at the end of each month to submit to your insurance company for out-of-network reimbursement. Check your eligibility benefits ahead of time.
Risks to Using Managed Care
- Confidentiality: Your private matters are documented and must be submitted to your insurance company upon request. Your private information is added to a national database that can have an impact on life and health insurance premiums.
- Treatment: Your treatment is out of your hands. Your insurance company determines length, type and quality of your treatment.
- Required Diagnosis: In order to receive payment from your insurance company, you must meet the diagnostic criteria for a mental illness, which will become a part of your permanent health record.
- Therapist Choice: Your insurance company requires you to choose a therapist from their list of providers instead of choosing a therapist who is a good fit for you
Seeking Out-of-Network Reimbursement
If your insurance plan covers mental health services from an out-of-network provider, I can provide you with the proper documentation to submit to your insurance company for partial reimbursement
If you are considering using your insurance for out-of-network reimbursement, it is in your best interest to call you your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Does my plan cover services to out-of-network mental health providers?
- What is the deductible I have to meet before coverage to an out-of-network provider takes effect?
- What percentage of the provider’s fee will I be reimbursed?
- Is there a maximum amount per session the insurance will cover for an out-of-network provider?
- How much time do I have to file a claim for out-of-network services?
- What information do you need from the provider for me to get reimbursed?
- What is the process to get reimbursed for out-of-network services?
It is crucial that you ask your insurance company what their process is for reimbursement and what information is required. Without it, I cannot provide you with the proper documentation, and you will not receive any payment.
Keep in mind, if you wish to use your insurance for out-of-network reimbursement, you MUST meet the diagnostic criteria for mental illness. This diagnosis becomes part of your permanent medical health record and can impact you in situations where your health record is taken into account. For example, applying for life insurance policies or security clearances for specific jobs are affected.
I accept cash, check, and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!